From buy-to-let landlords to large property groups, our specialist property accountants and property tax advisors can help you keep one step ahead of the constant tax changes. As well as providing routine accountancy and audit services, our team of specialist advisors can provide constructive advice to help you and your business.
Development investment, a home for your business or buy to let
The accounting and tax implications relating to property matters can all too often be overlooked. Without careful planning and specialist property advice financial returns may well fall short of expectations and transactions may not lead to the desired outcomes. Based on our experience we are able to provide guidance an support on acquisition, sale and development of property, whether it forms part of an investment, is used solely to accommodate your business or is a residential buy to let proposition.
Our specialist property advice and services include:
- VAT planning and advice
- Capital Gains implications and planning
- Financing transactions
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Ownership of property – principally business, private or pension
- Treatment of tax in relation to buy to let
- Treatment of tax in relation to renewables projects
- Capital Allowance reliefs, reviews and claims
- Overseas ownership of UK property
Residential lettings, buy to let and specialist tax advice for landlords.
Whether you are an existing landlord or are looking to enter the buy to let market we are well versed in the financial and taxation issues affecting residential lettings.
As specialist property tax advisors and accountants our advice for landlords includes:
- How to finance your investments tax efficiently, including advice on stamp duty land tax
- The most appropriate ownership entity – for example personal, partnership or limited company
- Advice on tax efficient joint ownership
- Advice on allowable and disallowable expenses
- Minimising Capital Gains Tax on a sale of a property
- How to gift properties down a generation
- The tax treatment for inheritance tax purposes, especially for those with property portfolios
- The tax treatment of rental property owned by non residential landlords
- Dealing with HMRC investigations
- VAT advice, including registration and treatment of VAT in relation specifically to property matters and transactions
Whether you are a first time buy-to-let landlord or an experienced investor/developer, tax planning is crucial to minimise the amount of tax you pay over the time you own a property. We offer free, no obligation initial consultation to all new property clients. To find out more about using Nunn Hayward as your property accountants please get in touch with us. Call us on 01753 888211 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our latest factsheet ‘Nunn Hayward Property Tax Changes’