Careers/Jobs/Working with Nunn Hayward
We are always on the lookout for good people; send your CV and covering note to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. State your level of qualification and area of expertise. We look forward to hearing from you.
Nunn Hayward LLP is a Chartered Accountancy firm based in Gerrards Cross where exciting opportunities have arisen for various positions to work in a growing, innovative and friendly environment.
PA to Partners
Nunn Hayward LLP is a firm of accountants based in Gerrards Cross where an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Secretary/PA to join our innovative and friendly team.
Within this role the candidate will provide high level and dedicated organisational support and assist the Partner/s in managing their time effectively to meet the needs of their roles.
Duties will include:
- Diary management
- Organisation of meetings and associated documentation
- Handling incoming telephone calls
- Management and prioritisation of confidential emails
- Preparing documents and writing reports
- Filing and archiving
- Liaising with clients and staff
- Conducting research on the internet
- Company secretarial work (training given)
Your Skills and Experience
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people of all levels and to understand and communicate complex messages both to and from those supporting
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and prioritise work appropriately
- Ability to quickly pick up knowledge of the business and use this knowledge to make judgements on key issues
- Assertive and confident
- Microsoft packages plus knowledge of IRIS software a benefit
Applicants must have proven experience of working in a similar role and an excellent standard of written and verbal communication with a high standard of written grammar.
Overall our ideal candidate should be efficient, self-motivated, organised, a good communicator and IT literate.
Salary range according to experience.
Audit and Accounts Senior
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead company audit assignments, which will include planning, fieldwork and completion using standard programmes.
- Preparation and completion of company accounts in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out specialist audits (eg; SAR, ATOL, pensions and charities).
- Carry out ad-hoc assignments (eg; due diligence and systems reviews).
- Preparation of corporation tax computations.
- Carry out work efficiently, to budget and within deadlines.
- Supervise, train and mentor more junior members of staff.
- Research and analyse financial statements and audit related issues.
- Maintain client confidentiality and professional relationships.
- Proactively interact with client management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Manage assignments and report to audit manager or partner on progress.
This role will be most suited to someone who thrives under pressure, is delivery focused, enjoys accountability, has a ‘can-do’ attitude and is looking to improve his/her skills and competencies through self-development.
You will have significant experience in statutory audit, bookkeeping and statutory accounts preparation and will have worked extensively in Practice
Ideal Requirements & Qualifications:
- ACA or ACCA qualified or finalist.
- Experience within a multi-partner practice with audit exposure.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within budgets and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Ability to build a quick rapport in a friendly, confident and enthusiastic way.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office, Sage, Xero and other accounting software.
- Experience and knowledge of IRIS would be an advantage.
- Ideally a driver with own car.
- Technically up to date with current legislation
In return we offer a competitive salary, bonus, flexible working hours and benefits scheme.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or post to 2-4 Packhorse Road, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 7QE.
At Nunn Hayward we are proud of our reputation of being a professional and reliable firm, and we know that this is due to the way in which our staff carry out their responsibilities. All personnel are valued members of the team, and we actively promote an ‘open door’ policy to encourage good communication between partners and employees.
At Nunn Hayward we recognise how important it is to pay our staff a realistic and competitive salary which reflects their contribution to the business. We have high expectations of our staff and reward them accordingly. Salaries are reviewed annually.
In addition to basic salary, staff benefit from a bonus scheme, thus enjoying a share in the profitability of the company.
Nunn Hayward operates an optional personal pension scheme on a ‘salary sacrifice’ basis. We contribute employer National Insurance contributions in order to maximise the benefit for our employees. The scheme is fully transferable.
Flexibility is important to us and we recognise the benefit to both staff and the company of offering flexible working hours. Full-time staff are required to be in the office for the core hours of 10.00am to 12.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm each day and may work the remainder of their 37.5 hour week to suit their business and personal needs. A minimum of half an hour must be taken between 12.00pm and 2.00pm each day for lunch.
Staff are entitled to 29.5 days’ holiday per year including all Bank Holidays. The office closes for the Christmas break so sufficient number of days leave must be reserved for this period.
Employees who have completed three years’ service with Nunn Hayward are awarded an extra day’s leave for each further complete year of service, up to a maximum of 26.5 days. Employees who are with us for ten complete years receive two additional days’ leave.
All leave is pro rated for part-time employees.
We support and encourage continuing professional development and are members of a national training organisation -Mercia – who offer regular training courses on a variety of subjects.
In today’s fast-changing technological environment we know how essential it is to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in order to remain competitive. Our modern offices are equipped with the latest technology. Our staff are our greatest asset and we are committed to investing in them to enable them to stay abreast of the latest developments.
All employees are entitled to use the facilities at a local health club free of charge. This is conveniently located just five minutes away from the Gerrards Cross office, and our flexible working arrangements mean that staff can take full advantage of this benefit.
We also provide all employees with off-peak membership of Gerrards Cross Squash Club where they are able to play during lunchtimes, early evenings or weekends.
The firm offers participation in a competitive scheme with PruHealth to provide private health insurance for employees, on a ‘salary sacrifice’ basis. Spouses can be included in the scheme, as can children up to the age of 21 (or 24 if in full-time education). Additional benefits of the scheme include membership of Cannons Health Clubs at a reduced cost and vitality points giving cash rebates or discounts on health screening at Champney’s.
The welfare of our employees is very important to us and we recognise that there are times when personal and work-related issues might affect work life. We offer support via the Validium Group who provide confidential support for partners, employees and their families.