Careers/Jobs/Working with Nunn Hayward
Nunn Hayward are a Chartered Accountancy firm based in Gerrards Cross providing high quality financial services to a broad range of clients.
We are currently looking for a professional and talented Tax Manager to be part of our growing & dynamic firm. Ideally the candidate is someone who is immediately available to start a new and exciting role.
This position will be most suited to someone who thrives under challenge, is delivery focused, enjoys accountability and has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of personal tax clients and assisting Partners with ad-hoc tax work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for portfolio of personal tax clients.
- Dealing with all compliance matters.
- Sole responsibility for the preparation of personal tax returns in your allocated portfolio
- Preparation of forms P11D and ad-hoc share work for portfolio as required.
- Consultancy work within the department such as share restructuring, EMI’s and project-based work
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs on behalf of the clients in your portfolio including any enquiries relating to client matters by HM Revenue & Customs
- Preparing and completion of Trust Tax Returns
Ideal requirements and qualifications:
- ATT/CTA qualified
- Strong Personal Tax knowledge & experience
- Understanding of international issues including domicile, remittance basis and residency
- Excellent communication skills
- Trust experience would be advantageous but training can be given.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Tax Manager, then please apply. Send your CV and covering letter to Lucy Waldron. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Nunn Hayward, 2-4 Packhorse road, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 7QE
Audit and Account Senior Role
We are currently looking for a professional and talented fully Qualified Audit and Account Senior to be part of our growing & dynamic firm in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire. Ideally the candidate is someone who is immediately available to start a new and exciting role.
This role will be most suited to someone who thrives under challenge, is delivery focused, enjoys accountability, has a ‘can-do’ attitude and is looking to improve his/her skills and competencies through self-development.
You will have significant experience in statutory audit, bookkeeping and statutory accounts preparation and will have worked extensively in Practice
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead company audit assignments, which will include planning, fieldwork and completion using standard programmes.
- Preparation and completion of company accounts in accordance with firm’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out specialist audits (eg; SAR, ATOL, pensions and charities).
- Carry out ad-hoc assignments (eg; due diligence and systems reviews).
- Preparation of corporation tax computations.
- Carry out work efficiently, to budget and within deadlines.
- Supervise, train and mentor more junior members of staff.
- Research and analyse financial statements and audit related issues.
- Maintain client confidentiality and professional relationships.
- Proactively interact with client management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Manage assignments and report to audit manager or partner on progress.
Ideal Requirements & Qualifications:
- ACA or ACCA qualified or finalist.
- Experience within a multi-partner practice with audit exposure.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within budgets and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Ability to build a quick rapport in a friendly, confident and enthusiastic way.
- Strong organisational skill and attention to detail.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office, Iris, CHH, Sage, Xero and other accounting software.
- Experience and knowledge of Iris would be an advantage.
- Ideally a driver with own car.
- Technically up to date with current legislation
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Audit and Account Senior then please apply. Send your CV and covering letter to Lucy Waldron. Email: email@example.com or post to Nunn Hayward, 2-4 Packhorse road, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 7QE
At Nunn Hayward we are proud of our reputation of being a professional and reliable firm, and we know that this is due to the way in which our staff carry out their responsibilities. All personnel are valued members of the team, and we actively promote an ‘open door’ policy to encourage good communication between partners and employees.
At Nunn Hayward we recognise how important it is to pay our staff a realistic and competitive salary which reflects their contribution to the business. We have high expectations of our staff and reward them accordingly. Salaries are reviewed annually.
In addition to basic salary, staff benefit from a bonus scheme, thus enjoying a share in the profitability of the company.
Nunn Hayward operates an optional personal pension scheme on a ‘salary sacrifice’ basis. We contribute employer National Insurance contributions in order to maximise the benefit for our employees. The scheme is fully transferable.
Flexibility is important to us and we recognise the benefit to both staff and the company of offering flexible working hours. Full-time staff are required to be in the office for the core hours of 10.00am to 12.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm each day and may work the remainder of their 37.5 hour week to suit their business and personal needs. A minimum of half an hour must be taken between 12.00pm and 2.00pm each day for lunch.
Staff are entitled to 29.5 days’ holiday per year including all Bank Holidays. The office closes for the Christmas break so sufficient number of days leave must be reserved for this period.
Employees who have completed three years’ service with Nunn Hayward are awarded an extra day’s leave for each further complete year of service, up to a maximum of 26.5 days. Employees who are with us for ten complete years receive two additional days’ leave.
All leave is pro rated for part-time employees.
We support and encourage continuing professional development and are members of a national training organisation -Mercia – who offer regular training courses on a variety of subjects.
In today’s fast-changing technological environment we know how essential it is to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in order to remain competitive. Our modern offices are equipped with the latest technology. Our staff are our greatest asset and we are committed to investing in them to enable them to stay abreast of the latest developments.
All employees are entitled to use the facilities at a local health club free of charge. This is conveniently located just five minutes away from the Gerrards Cross office, and our flexible working arrangements mean that staff can take full advantage of this benefit.
We also provide all employees with off-peak membership of Gerrards Cross Squash Club where they are able to play during lunchtimes, early evenings or weekends.
The firm offers participation in a competitive scheme with PruHealth to provide private health insurance for employees, on a ‘salary sacrifice’ basis. Spouses can be included in the scheme, as can children up to the age of 21 (or 24 if in full-time education). Additional benefits of the scheme include membership of Cannons Health Clubs at a reduced cost and vitality points giving cash rebates or discounts on health screening at Champney’s.
The welfare of our employees is very important to us and we recognise that there are times when personal and work-related issues might affect work life. We offer support via the Validium Group who provide confidential support for partners, employees and their families.